PRODUCT MANAGER I
Reports to: Sr Product Manager, StreamSage (Sr Manager, Search and Discovery at Comcast)
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary :
StreamSage is a wholly owned subsidiary of Comcast with the mission of leading the world in developing video search and personalization technologies for the TV, web, and mobile device. StreamSage is uniquely positioned in this hot technology space with over eight years of experience in video search, industry-leading technology, and access to Comcast’s vast base of video users. Comcast is the largest provider of TV and Broadband Services in North America, operates a top 10 Nielsen web property (Comcast.net), and is the 6th largest provider of search on the web.
Today, StreamSage powers video search for a number of Comcast’s innovative video applications on the TV, web, and mobile device. Tomorrow StreamSage is planning to power the emerging paradigms that connect users to video content and to open up its technology to a number of other video providers and distributors.
As Product Manager at StreamSage, you will own the product roadmap and the steps to get us to that vision. This role is best suited for a well-rounded individual who can tackle a variety of problems to help StreamSage build the industry’s best search and discovery products.
- Oversee product feature backlog, ensuring that all requirements are organized and clearly written, with appropriate acceptance criteria.
- Attend daily meetings and handle all questions regarding product requirements from the project manager and/or development team.
- Work with QA team to develop a plan for testing all user-facing functionality. Create results quality metrics and data set for automated testing.
- Execute usability studies and other market research to understand customer needs.
- Understand all data powering the systems and help identify new fields or sources of data to be used as input.
- Assist Senior Product Manager with defining the product strategy, including competitive analysis and market research.
- Bachelors required, MBA a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in product management and/or software development.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Java development, software development lifecycle, and agile methodology preferred.
- Experience solving search and discovery problems with large content libraries a plus.
- Experience working with start-ups or fast moving organizations a plus.
- Proven track record of being proactive in addressing opportunities and issues.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational ability.
- Excellent oral/written communication and inter-personal skills.
- Avid TV-watching is a plus.
StreamSage is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at StreamSage or Comcast via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from StreamSage HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of StreamSage. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by StreamSage or Comcast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace
To apply for this position, email a copy of your resume and statement of interest to email@example.com